Thursday, August 16, 2007

Obituary Guest Book

August 16, 2007
Grandma Laurie was an incredible woman. From the moment I joined the Pomeranz family, she was as warm and welcoming as anyone could be. She, along with her late husband, always treated me like one of their own, even if I wasn't related by blood. Her life was truly remarkable and I learned a lot from her. What an intelligent lady! She was also a fantastic cook. I had never had Yorkshire pudding before and I don't suppose I will ever have it again, but I will always remember it. And I will always remember her - a true Southern Matriarch of the highest degree and honor. I wonder if St. Peter has any idea how to cook green beans "like Grandma does." I suppose he's about to find out.
--Chris Bridges (Hendersonville, NC)


August 14, 2007
I am one of Annie Laurie's "Virginia cousins". She was a very family minded person who never forgot "her people". My sympathy to her children and to her surviving sister.
--Hunter Watson (Farmville, VA)

August 9, 2007
I babysat the kids for awhile and was not that much older then Rob or Suzanne at the time. Annie Laurie always remembered me and was very thoughtful. The last time I saw her was last year at my Uncle Lewis's funeral. She wanted to sing in the choir for him.The community will miss her.
Martha McBryde (Napa, CA)

August 9, 2007
Dear Family:May your hearts soon be filled with wonderful memories of joyful times together as you celebrate a life well-lived. She was a remarkable woman. God's Peace and comfort to you all.
Mary Rogers Brawley (Mooresville, NC)

August 9, 2007
Love to all of you. I will miss Annie Laurie for so many reasons.Carol Russell
Carol Russell (Cary, NC)

August 9, 2007
My aunt, My friend, I will miss her greatly!!
Carolyn Ellis (Raleigh, NC)